Why reNew You
What makes reNewYou so different?
Anyone. The question that we hear most often from potential participants is “Can I actually do it?” The answer, unequivocally, is yes. Our participants adhere to the program at an unprecedented 91% rate because once they enroll, they start feeling so much better, so quickly, that they cannot imagine returning to their old ways of living.
The program has been so effective in undoing years of damage to the heart that Medicare and other insurers have made the decision to cover it under a new benefit category, Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation – making it the first program of its kind to receive this level of support. Qualifying criteria for the program includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction within the last 12 months (Heart Attack)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Current Stable Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (Balloon) or Coronary Stenting
- Heart or Heart-Lung Transplant
Prevention as well as Reversal
Ornish Lifestyle Medicine can help prevent heart disease as well as reverse it – which makes it a great treatment option for those with risk factors of heart disease (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or obesity) and those with heart disease alike.